College of Liberal Arts
B.A. or B.S.
Dive into universal mysteries
Go beyond the physical world in which we live, and dive into a world filled with universal mysteries, special relativity, interference phenomenon, quantum statistics, and more. The low student-to-faculty ratio in Mercer University’s Physics program allows us to offer incredible benefits — close relationships with fellow students, full attention from expert professors, and exciting opportunities within the classroom setting. You can pursue a major in physics that leads to a Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree, or you can minor in physics. Our courses are designed to meet the needs of students who are:
- Continuing their education in advanced graduate programs
- Desiring a Physics major as preparation for science teaching in secondary schools
- Needing courses in Physics as part of their major program
- Not majoring in the sciences, but desiring a general knowledge of Physics
- Pursuing Physics-related industrial or governmental careers
Designed for motivated students
When you join the physics program, you will be among the brightest students at Mercer. You and your classmates will share similar attributes — desire for knowledge, ability to solve complex issues, overall drive to better the world around you through academia, and more. This program is one that seeks to equip you to grow in your personal, professional, and academic pursuits.