Make connections through French
Mercer University’s French program invites you to make connections between French language study and your personal and professional goals. By studying French language, culture, society, and literature in our inherently interdisciplinary program, you will graduate from Mercer with highly sought-after skills such as critical thinking, textual analysis, and cultural competence — not to mention reading, writing, listening, and speaking skills in a language spoken by 300 million people worldwide.
French will prepare you for:
- Careers in health care, business, diplomacy, education, translation, and more
- Peace Corps
- Travel to over 30 countries in Europe and Africa
- Navigating francophone cultures
Designed for motivated students
Pursuing a second language requires hard work, curiosity, and a passion for new cultures. From our introductory courses to our advanced studies, you will be among the most driven students at Mercer University, where you will take courses like:
- French conversation and composition
- Nazi-occupied France
- French civilization
- Literature in French by immigrants to France and Quebec
- Autobiographical writing in French
If you have a longing to stretch your knowledge, discover different cultures, and learn a new language, we invite you into the French-speaking family at Mercer University.