Dr. Adeel Malik
Assistant Professor of Computer Science
Dr. Malik exhibits a genuine enthusiasm for engaging with students and fostering their educational growth. He intends to initiate a comprehensive cyber awareness campaign in collaboration with active student groups. His steadfast commitment extends to the ongoing expansion and enrichment of these initiatives.
- Ph.D., Computer Science, University of Texas at El Paso
- M.S., Software Engineering, University of Texas at El Paso
- B.S., Computing and Information Systems, London Metropolitan University
Cybersecurity, distributed systems, and artificial intelligence
Throughout Dr. Malik’s academic and professional career, his primary area of expertise and research has revolved around the field of cybersecurity. His notable contributions primarily revolve around the provision of cyber situational awareness, catering not only to cyber defenders but also to the wider community.
When he’s not working, Dr. Malik enjoys cricket, photography, and traveling.
- Malik, Adeel A., and Deepak K. Tosh. Dynamic Vulnerability Classification for Enhanced Cyber Situational Awareness. 2023 IEEE International Systems Conference (SysCon). IEEE, 2023.
- Malik, Adeel A., and Deepak K. Tosh. Dynamic risk assessment and analysis framework for large-scale cyber-physical systems. EAI Endorsed Transactions on Security and Safety 8.30 (2022).
- Malik, Adeel A., and Deepak K. Tosh. Robust cyber-threat and vulnerability information analyzer for dynamic risk assessment. 2021 IEEE International Mediterranean Conference on Communications and Networking (MeditCom). IEEE, 2021.
- Malik, Adeel A., and Deepak K. Tosh. Quantitative risk modeling and analysis for large-scale cyber-physical systems. 2020 29th International Conference on Computer Communications and Networks (ICCCN). IEEE, 2020.
- Malik, Adeel A., Deepak K. Tosh, and Uttam Ghosh. Non-intrusive deployment of blockchain in establishing cyber-infrastructure for smart city. 2019 16th Annual IEEE international conference on sensing, communication, and networking (SECON). IEEE, 2019.
- Badreddin, Omar, Abel Gomez Rivera, and Adeel Malik. Blockchain fundamentals and development platforms. Proceedings of the 28th Annual International Conference on Computer Science and Software Engineering. 2018.