Dr. Yuanting Lu
Assistant Professor of Mathematics
- Ph.D. in Mathematics, Florida State University
- B.S. in Mathematics, Sichuan University, Chengdu, China
- First-Year-Student Experience (UNV 101)
- Pre-calculus (MAT 133)
- Calculus I, Multivariable Calculus (MAT 191, MAT293)
- Discrete Mathematics (MAT 225)
- Differential Equations (MAT 330)
- Intro to Complex Variables (MAT 380)
- Real Analysis I & II (MAT 481 & 482)
- Introductory Statistics (STA 126)
Scholarly and Professional Interests
Statistical learning and machine learning: My current interests are in the areas of statistical modeling and machine learning algorithms, with applications to biomedical imaging and educational data analysis.
Teaching with technology: I am interested in teaching introductory statistics with software (StatCrunch, RStudio), building interactive classroom demonstrations and developing web apps (R Shiny apps, Sage widgets) in calculus classes.